Become certified according to ISO 9001 and 14001
Further develop the management system and the use of a new deviation system that simplifies case processing and creates continuous improvement
External environmental objectives:
a. Reduce waste
– by establishing a system for measuring and subsequently reducing food waste per resident guest
– by reducing packaging quantity from our suppliers – we perform supplier evaluations
b. Increase production of electricity from our own solar cells
c. Replace a larger number of our vehicles with electric alternatives
Customer satisfaction should be better than 9 on a scale to 10
a. Establish a competence plan and identify competence needs
b. Carry out competence development where necessary/required
– Carry out a regular work environment survey, with the goal of a total benchmark score of 75 or higher
a. We shall not have work environment-related sickness absence
b. Short-term absence shall be lower than 1%
All employees in Hurtigruten Svalbard AS shall be given equal opportunities to:
• professional development regardless of gender
• ethnic and cultural background
• functional ability
• political standpoint
On average in 2021, we had 123 employees (95 man-years) divided between 46% women and 54% men.
We had 25 nationalities among our employees. The company's board consists of 4 men and 1 woman.
The average type of contract is temporary employment contracts 31% and permanent position 69%.
The tourism industry on Svalbard is seasonal, and Hurtigruten Svalbard AS has chosen to place greater emphasis on the introduction of permanent employment contracts.