Generally our tours are given the following degrees of difficulty:
1. Suitable for everyone.
2. Suitable for most.
3. Suitable for those with average fitness.
4. Suitable for those with above average fitness.
5. This activity requires great physical strength and above average fitness.
However, no snowmobile or hiking tours are suitable for absolutely anyone, so for these the lowest rating is a 2.
1. We have no snowmobile trips suitable for all.
2. Suitable for most, including those with no previous experience. Simple, flat terrain.
3. Suitable for most, including those with no previous experience. Varied terrain.
4. Suitable for those who have driven a snowmobile before. Long day trip.
5. This trip requires you to have driven a snowmobile before. Very long day trip.
Here are a few things you should think about before choosing a snowmobile tour:
What skills do you have? Everyone can start and drive a snowmobile, but if you have never driven a snowmobile before, we recommend that you start with one of the slightly shorter tours, like the trip to Elveneset or Tempelfjorden.
What is your goal? Do you want to see wild and wonderful landscapes? Experience an abandoned mining town (Svea) or an active Russian mining community (Barentsburg)? See a polar bear? Ok - that last one we cannot guarantee, but magical experiences in the stunning Svalbard wilderness will start just as soon as we have sat down on our snowmobiles and turned the key. The tour to the East Coast is a long, beautiful, eventful - and, in bad weather, demanding - day trip, and before you book this trip, you should consider whether this is what you are looking for. The tour to Tempelfjorden offers landscapes just as stunning, and can be a better alternative for many. The tours to Svea and Barentsburg offer an exciting cultural experience, and mining history, in addition to the incredible outdoor experiences.
Be prepared for bad weather. Svalbard is made up of a series of great glacier and valley systems, and the weather can change from one valley to the next. On all our tours you can suddenly experience both fog and whiteout, and then suddenly find the sun peaking through the clouds before opening up to blue sky and magnificent landscapes - or the opposite! It is therefore of paramount importance that you are well dressed, and even though we will loan you a snowmobile suit for the trip, you should have warm clothing underneath, and preferably take an extra jumper in a backpack.
Hiking and walking
1. We have no hiking trips suitable for all.
2. Suitable for most.
3. Suitable for those with average fitness. Not recommend for those with reduced mobility. Uneven and somewhat steep terrain.
4. Suitable for those with above average fitness. Not recommended for those with reduced mobility. Uneven, steep and demanding terrain.
5. This activity requires great physical strength and above average physical fitness. Demanding terrain over long stretches.